About Sesi Technologies
Located in Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana, Sesi Technologies is made up of young people from diverse fields, working together to fulfill our mission – to tackle poverty and hunger by empowering the African farmer with affordable technology to help them increase productivity and reduce losses.
We’re a team passionate about making agriculture in Africa more productive through the use of technology. We believe that such technology can be cheap and can be developed locally. Right from Kumasi, we develop hardware and software solutions for farmers and other related stakeholders in the agriculture value chain. Meet the team
Having begun with a small, close-knit team of 3, we have reached the point where we require an Operations Lead to lead the execution of our key activities fulltime.
The role of Operations Lead involves having to organize and oversee the daily operations and key activities of our company. You will be the one to ensure that things are well coordinated and productive and we are doing what we say we will do by managing our projects, our activities, and our people.
Since we are a very early stage startup, this role also comes with other responsibilities relating to marketing, finance, administration, and customer support, thus requiring knowledge in many areas or the ability to learn very fast. For instance, we will need you to go out there in the field, speak to potential customers and present our product to potential partners.
The ideal candidate must be competent and able to monitor many different operational activities. He/She must be a good leader and have excellent people skills as he/she will be working together with and leading a team of people.
Most importantly, we want someone who is fanatical and passionate about our vision and willing and ready to take the plunge with us, putting in every effort to help us achieve our vision and mission through ensuring the smooth and efficient running of our operations and key activities.
You will be working from our office in Kumasi. If you are the chosen candidate, you should be willing to relocate to Kumasi to work.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Operational Leadership
- You will be in charge of planning and leading the execution of the key activities which characterize our operations which include customer discovery, engineering and production, product development, administration, inventory management and procurement.
- Supervising and monitoring the day-to-day running of operations and teams to ensure the smooth progress of our goals and objectives.
- Be one of Sesi Technologies chief ambassadors! You will represent Sesi Technologies to farmers, customers, investors, partners and others.
- You will demonstrate and pitch our products to potential customers in the field, farm or office, showcase our products in conferences and exhibitions.
- Company Strategy
- As a core member of the team you will help determine to determine strategy, budgets, and make decisions about company priorities and resource allocations, collaborate with the team leader and others to deliver on annual and long-term company goals.
- Information & Impact Assessment
- Assist in the design and management of analytics and information flows that provide key stakeholders with an accurate, timely picture of needed information such as key impact metrics, production volumes, etc.
- Providing customer support, including pre-sales and after-sales support to prospective and existing customers respectively.
- General administrative duties
Requirements and Preferred Skills
- Must live in Kumasi or must be willing to relocate to Kumasi (we will facilitate accommodation for you if you have to relocate).
- Be a recent graduate from a tertiary institution
- Prior experience in the responsibilities and duties listed above or in a similar role.
- Understanding of business functions such as administration, operations, finance, etc
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities and great people/interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills, good people skills, and great organizational skills.
- Be tech savvy with demonstrated expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access, and familiarity with accounting systems.
- Aptitude in decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunity to work in an exciting startup environment and contribute significantly to the growth of an innovative agritech startup.
- Access to professional career development resources.